Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Opiate Of Hapabukbuk


My Current Share:

ROME – because it’s totally believable that ancient romans spoke with british accents.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA – because a menaja tois in space doesn’t happen every day.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES – because outrageous suburban daily life is amusing when played by high gloss Hollywood players.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS – because I love Sally Field and I don’t care what you think.

GILMORE GIRLS – because even bad, bad tv is hard to stop watching when you’ve been faithful for so long.

VERONICA MARS – because I want to be friends with Veronica.

LOST – because I want to be on a deserted island with Matthew Fox and Daniel Dae Kim. You can keep the cowboy.

GREY’S ANATOMY – because I would jump off a bridge if all my friends did.

On hiatus but I had to include because the show is too good not to mention.
WEEDS – because what could be better than a show about a pot dealing suburban mother? When you add in Elizabeth Perkins and Kevin Nealon you have gold. Gold.

5 Comments:

  • Yeah, Weeds is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, I have to wait for each season's DVD to watch it.

    I know eventually I need to get on the BSG bandwagon.

    By Blogger Some Guy, At 5:51 PM  

  • I have cut off the Gilmore Girls. It's not even like cutting them off--they've been replaced by pod people who are annoying.

    By Blogger wonderturtle, At 9:13 AM  

  • chris- i have to watch weeds on dvd too, but oh is it worth the wait! and i also got on the bsg wagon late, but i can't even tell you how obsessed i am with it now. it's ridiculous.
    wt- i know! i pretty much hate the show now but snix won't let me not watch it. it's as bad as the last 2 seasons of charmed. which i also watched.
    issues.

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 11:05 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 11:05 PM  

  • I agree and counter a few:
    1. Rome - I am in love with the big british brute who likes to stick swords in people's necks. I laughed, cried, gasped this week. Plus I consider it RESEARCH for our trip!
    Battlewhat? don't watch
    Housewives- how much do you love the teenytinygrey haired Shugabaker from the past???
    Bros/Sis' can't do it - hate calista
    GG is sad I know, but this week when Loreli and her mom had the breakthrough??? COME ON!
    VM - never started...i think i would like it, but i watch too much TV to add more
    LOST - I will take Sawyer any day you want to leave him on that beach baby!
    GA gave me a reason to cry when I needed it really badly last week. I will always love sappy TV for that reason
    Weeds - I heart heart heart! So much that I want to order Showtime - but I'm too cheap. heh
    fondly,
    snix

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home