Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, December 01, 2006

I've Got My Spine

And I've Got My Orange Crush.

I've been Tagged!!

Oh the crushes. The very many crushes...(part 1 Wonderturtle? Do I smell an all revealing part 2 in my future?)

I met my first boyfriend in 1982. I was five. When we finally learned how to write Larry left me love notes in my flip top desk that said “I love you” and “let’s pretend we’re married” and “just like Kris loves Jenny, I love you”. I went to his house once and gave him a plaque that said #1 boyfriend. He gave me a bear wearing a T-shirt that said #1 girlfriend. He was a Hapabukbuk like me. Then he moved away and wrote me a really mean letter. But I’m over it. Really I am.

Fourth grade produced Danny, the boy who took me into the hallway to give me a hug on the last day of school then got me to say “yes” in front of our entire 6th grade Spanish class.

George liked me all through junior high and enjoyed playing do you trust me? every chance he got…i.e. putting his hand on my thigh higher and higher until I slapped it away. He also enjoyed coming up to my friends and me while we stood talking in a circle and labeling us each as mountains or a wall. I didn’t have a crush on him per se, but I did bask in the attention despite the protestations.

Year 13, first year I remember experiencing real life crappiness. Kevin, adorable shy boy I managed to “go out with” for about a week, but felt terribly guilty because I had a suspicion that my best friend Jenny liked him. Eventually the guilt won out.

Peter, not so adorable loud boy I managed to “go out with” for about 3 hours, but broke it off because…I have no idea. I can’t
even remember why we told anyone we were “going out”. Not really a crush but so be it.

Right before graduation we went on a class trip to Jamestown. Alex sat next to me on the bus and told me he liked me. I couldn’t believe it because I always thought he was cute. We hung out together the whole trip and I fell asleep on his shoulder on the way home. He kissed me behind the bus when we got back to school. We went to different schools the next year.

The high school years. Letsee…let me preface by saying all my high school crushes lasted at most a couple weeks. What can I say? I have a short attention span.

Huge crush on John in biology, practically jumped in his lap while watching heart surgery, he never returned the crush but loved the fact that I had a thing for him. I liked Alfred until he told everyone a vicious lie about me. How dare he tell everyone we made out! If it had been true it would have been one thing…Sean, too shy to know I was interested, Mark, too drugged up to know I existed, Mike, didn’t like me when I liked him, Doug, PSYCHO. Yeah, that one stopped the crushes for a while. Senior year was Wander, and years later he told me he had a crush on me, but neither of us made a move because another mutual friend liked him. She would have terrorized us and we knew it…

OK gizmorox, casual slack, letsee whatchoogot?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home