Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Is This Thing On?

Because I am awful at these things, I am just now fulfilling Chris's request from weeks ago.

Letsee....7 unknown things...oh the pressure...


I find it ha'larious that I can now say things like, "when I was a little girl, we actually had to crack a book! There was no such thing as the interwebs to plagiarize from!"

During the blackout of 2003 I hitched a ride across the river with 2 strangers at the mouth of the lincoln tunnel. I left a really cool Battlestar Galactica calendar in the back seat by accident.

After every movie with a little girl in it that I saw when I was a preteen, I thought "I totally could've played that part better," as I left the theater.

After every movie with a hapabukbuk looking woman in it that I see, I think "I totally could've played that part better," as I leave the theater. Mostly because Asian female characters are still stereo-typically kick-ass, beautiful villians with few lines and lots of attitude, all of which come naturally to me of course.

I had a purple bathing suit with white ruffles on it when I was nine. One day I couldn't find it anywhere. I asked my mother where it was and received a shrug in response. "You must have lost it," she said, knowing full well it would send me into a fit. I didn't lose things, it was my favorite one, where was it? She told me years later that she hid it because she was sick of seeing it. I knew I didn't lose it. I was maaaaad.

The first couple of songs I learned to play on guitar were: "Norwegian Wood", "Wild Horses", "The One I Love", "More Than Words" and "To Be With You." And I still play them all incorrectly.

I have a mark on the bottom of my foot that has been there for as long as I can remember. I don't know what it's from, though I have an extremely fuzzy, vague memory of stepping on a nail. In the memory I go on to think how much more it should have hurt before walking away. Could be some truth to it, could be a movie I saw (in which I could've played the part better no doubt). Who knows.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home