Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WTHIWWY - Public Transport, Letter III

A reading from the book of What The Hell Is Wrong With You?

Dear Woman Sitting Beside Me This Morning:

There is an unspoken rule I know you know that applies to every single passenger on a public bus. It is this: Do not touch other passengers you do not know. The exception to this rule is only valid if someone pushes you and you accidentally touch someone you don't know, or the bus jerks in an awkward manner and you accidentally touch someone you don't know. The key word in both these scenarios is accidentally.

It was unacceptable for you to invade my personal space the first time, let alone the many subsequent times after I shifted obviously in my seat, sent you dirty sideways looks and clenched my teeth as I silently imagined slapping you upside the head. There was absolutely no need for you to repeatedly put your hand down on the seat beside you, especially when I was sitting in the seat beside you.

No Touching. Remember this.

Next time you wake me up with your disrespect, you better be wearing a chest plate. I have sharp elbows.

Cranky and annoyed you can't keep your hands to yourself,
HB

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I support you in maintaining the circle of space which other people love to ignore. I'm glad you didn't have to resort to touching her back to rectify things.

    By Blogger Dale, At 9:41 AM  

  • You no touch, no touch the buk buk, weird bus lady.

    Or as the bobby of England might say, stop or I'll say stop again.

    Age?

    Does it matter for a head slap?

    By Blogger Clarion Content, At 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home