Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Decoding Dad

My father has a really bad habit of saying what. Half the time it is legitimate because he is often in his own world and doesn't listen, but the other half is simply a reaction to being spoken to, probably because he's so used to saying it from not listening. Unless you've spent some time with him, you'd never know which what he was using. Most people have just gotten used to repeating themselves.

I didn't test this theory of mine until I became a moody teenager, bold enough to speak to him with condescention. Absorbed in whatever tv show I watching, he came in from the garage and asked me the same question he always asked when he came in after work.

"Where's your mother?"

"She's upstairs."

"What?"

"You heard me."

I couldn't believe it actually came out of my mouth. I looked up at him sheepishly and found him on the verge of a giggle.

"Yeah. Upstairs."

We both began laughing. Thanks dad, for always indulging me.

Happy birthday!!

I said, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home