Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WTHIWWY - City Life, Verse II

A reading from the book of What The Hell Is Wrong With You?:

Have you ever touched the edge of a rising escalator stair? And by touch I mean fallen on with all your body weight?

Yes, to all who witnessed my clumsiness, it was more painful than it looked. It still hurts! A lot! Those stairs are sharp and I have three small bruises across my palm to prove it. And yes, my ankle hurts too, thanks for wondering.

As I remained frozen in a push-up type pose, nose-to-the-escalator-contemplating-my-next-move, I thought damn this should be funnier. Then the pain reached my brain and I realized why it was not.

I most want to thank you all though, for picking up on my 'don't make a big deal out of this' vibe and not inquiring if I was ok. Underneath the repressed giggles I know you were truly concerned with my well-being. I know because I've been in your position.

It's important not to let anyone think you care or are capable of helping someone who may or may not be in distress. Because then everyone would want your help and that is clearly unacceptable. And how dare I fall in front of you anyway? I'm so gauche it's unbelievable!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home