Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, August 03, 2007

My Mother, The Technophobe

My mother hates new technology. She wanted no part of a computer until she learned how to do eBay. This is her one and only acceptance as she still does not know how to use the VCR, DVD player or the remote control for the cable box. Forced into getting a cell phone, which has since been deactivated, this was her voicemail message:
Hello, this is [Hapabukbuk's mom]. I can't get to the phone so please leave a message...(rustle rustle)...ok I'm done. What do I push? How do I make it stop? Beep.

This was the message on the land line voicemail before the power went out and reset it to the generic one: (the size of the words are in relation to the level of her voice. The bigger the word, the higher her voice)
Hello! you've reached the Hapabukbuks.We're not home right now so please leave a message and we'll call you back! Bye! rustle rustle...ok turn it off...turn it- Beep.

If only I had the technology to make that recording reappear somehow...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home