Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, November 16, 2007

What Was I Thinking? Vol. 17

oooo party!


A few years ago I attended the opening night party of an annual convention for the people who work in my particular area of a much larger industry. It was held at the Hammerstein, and they went all out. The evening included transvestites with paddles, unusually attractive male waiters, a shirtless fire eater, female goth dancers in weird looking cages, a Joan Rivers look alike who danced on a stage in the middle of the floor, and extremely odd BukBuk behavior.

As you can probably piece together yourself, the details of the evening went as such: A group of co-workers and I walked through the doors where I was immediately thrown over a very large transvestite's lap and whacked with a paddle. All I have to say about that is, it hurt.

Then I ordered a drink from a waiter who I apparently crushed on all night, to the point where after I had ordered a few more I decided I needed to tell him things.

Me: Hi. So I just had to tell you, I think you're gorgeous.
Him: Um...thanks?
Me: K, bye!

The half-naked fire eater wearing black leather pants was apparently my crush #2. I never had a chance to tell him how 'gorgeous' I thought his curly black hair was, but so be it. I mean, he was eating fire.

The goth dancers were wearing boots I really liked. For a while I thought the dancers were just changing clothes, until it occurred to me that numerous dancers were needed to keep dancing all night. What? It was pretty dark in there.

But we all knew when the evening had come to a close, because Joan Rivers got up and danced until she lost her top. On purpose. Much to our chagrin.

I didn't do anything that embarrassing, but neither did anyone else. So by default, does this string of events make me that girl at the office party?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home