Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Did You Feel That?

The movement of my heart up into my trachea?

Yesterday I got into the elevator with a couple of co-workers and after we stopped on floor 16 to let someone off, the doors closed and the box dropped 5 floors. We work in one of those buildings that has different elevator banks for different floors, and floor 11 is not one that opens for our bank. However, our elevator still tried. In a panic we started pressing buttons until we began moving again.

We told the security guard who promptly replied, "thanks for telling me," and proceeded to do nothing about it.

We assumed he must have heard that story a few times that day and already called it in.

I think I still have a little heart caught in my throat.

1 Comments:

  • That sounds pretty awful and something they always assure us rarely happens. Sure it doesn't!

    By Blogger Dale, At 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home