Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Monday, March 03, 2008

Deodorant

Stores that sell deodorant should not be allowed to forego the unscented varient. More specifically, the unscented deodorant of the brand I use. Forced into purchasing the "tropical paradise" stick, I every now and again get a whiff of a coconutty sun tan lotion smell, and oddly enough, am not enjoying it.

Here is my very strongly worded letter to Unilever:

Dear Unilever:

Your "Suave Naturals Tropical Paradise Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant" is hardly reminiscent of a tropical paradise. To be frank, it smells like a large group of greased up children at the ymca on free swim day. Please send me a "Suave Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant Invisible Solid, Soothing Aloe Vera" as soon as possible. As it was not offered when I originally made my way to target to purchase the chemically altering substance, I expect this product to arrive gratis for my inconvenience.

Thank you,
Hapa "smells like a dressing room at the pool" bukbuk

4 Comments:

  • I brought 12 sticks of unscented Dove for sensitive skin when I moved here because I was so afraid I would have to use mango-fruit-mania deodorant. (I wrote a similar entry a few years ago. http://landolulu.blogspot.com/2005/11/smells-like-teen-spirit.html)

    By Blogger lulu, At 9:43 PM  

  • My wife almost worked for Unilever. It's one of those weird companies that owns just about everything but no one totally realizes it.

    By Blogger Moderator, At 5:34 PM  

  • Isn't the point of living in New York City, the all but guaranteed availability of everything? I thought Bloomberg had that in the City's charter...somebody had better tell Unilever, or the devil worshippers over at Proctor and Gamble to get on it.

    This was the last good connotation associated with coconutty sun tan lotion...

    By Blogger Clarion Content, At 7:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home