Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, October 06, 2006

Autumn Is In The Air



I know this not by the changing temperature, the changing colors of foliage or the noticeable increase in sales of squash and apple cider, but the fact that the monkeys have begun banging on the pipes in my building. Every fall in an almost ritualistic fashion they crowd around the boiler in the basement and take turns whacking the pipes with the various tools my landlord gives them. After about a week or two of this, when the temperature eventually dips below 50 in the evening, the heat will actually rise up through those pipes and warm my bedroom to a comfortable 102 degrees.

Satan likes it hot and leaky in his quarters. He apparently also relishes crumbling ceilings.

One day my landlord will somehow mess up his part of the bargain and Satan will take up residence in his bathroom, wherever that may be.

I await the day like a second coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home