Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WTHIWWY - Hardly Working, Verse I

A reading from the book of What The Hell Is Wrong With You?:

A few years ago after I was coughed up and spit out into the real world, I was forced to do temp work to pay my over-inflated rent. Newly graduated, unemployed and dumb enough to move out of your parent's house will do that to you. One such job was as a glorified door opener on an almost defunct floor of a well-known fashion icon’s corporate offices. During the phone interview I was indirectly asked if I was thin, pretty and stylish enough to be seen working there. Had I not been so desperate for money I would have told them I was large, homely and outdated just to see how they responded. The expected dress code was all black of course, with minimal jewelry and makeup. When I arrived I was lead to my “desk” which looked more like the reception window of a doctor’s office. Approximately three people worked on the floor and needed to be buzzed in and out of the security door. While sitting the counter came up to just below my eyes. Good thing I was thin, pretty and stylish.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home