Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, April 20, 2007

Hero? Or Chump?

I rescued a wild, frightened kitten behind my apartment last night.

She was screaming like a banshee. She must have been abandoned.

I knew her for less than an hour before handing her over to an institution that would find care for her.

Before I feel asleep I named her Poe.

"Wild because the chips are down
Wild because there isn't anybody else around
Wild when the waves start to break
And God knows they're breaking in me now"


I miss her. I am such a sap.

4 Comments:

  • You didn't KEEP HER????
    What if she was sent to you???? -snix

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:43 PM  

  • You done good. By quoting the Poe song I mean. Oh, and I guess the kitten thing too. Man I love that song and that album. And kittens when they're not screaming.

    By Blogger Dale, At 1:27 AM  

  • Will you always wonder what happened to the kitten?

    By Blogger Coaster Punchman, At 12:20 PM  

  • snix- i know I KNOW. i was too freaked out at the time to think straight.
    dale- 2 rights! so how come i feel so wrong?
    cp- i think about her at least once a day.
    obsess much?

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home