Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

These Are The People In My Neighborhood

I comply!

What was the first recorded music you bought?

I believe it was Debbie Gibson's Out Of The Blue when I was 9. I was a late bloomer in the world of music purchasing.

What was the last music you bought?

Damien Rice, 9 Crimes

What was the first "professional" music show you ever went to?

Suzanne Vega at Club Bene around 1993. The next was James Taylor at the Garden State Arts Center in 1995. That's right, I said Garden State Arts Center and that's what it will always be to me. Also late to the world of "professional" music shows.

What was the last?

The Cliks at Mercury Lounge last month.

What's your "desert island" album?

I hate this question. I could never choose or be satisfied with just one. Among the many I would have to have...The Swimming Hour, Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire

What's your favorite album/song title? (the *title* , not the actual album or song).

Puddle Dive, Ani Difranco

"Funkier Than A Mosquita's Tweeter" Tina Turner

What's your favourite album art (include an image of it if you can)?


Ideal choice for a karaoke song?

"Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves" Cher

Song you don't like that WILL NOT LEAVE YOUR HEAD if you hear it.

"Land Of Confusion" Remake by Disturbed

Which is cooler? -- Vinyl? CD? Cassette? 8-track?

Vinyl! Because hello, little grooves in wax? What's happening? Amazing!

2 Comments:

  • I heart Debbie Gibson. And I refuse to call her "Deborah" as she seems to prefer these days.

    By Blogger Coaster Punchman, At 10:44 AM  

  • I liked Kathy Griffin talking about Debbie on her comedy dvd Allegedly, funny stuff. Nice list.

    By Blogger Dale, At 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home