Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Open Letter To A Perfect Stranger


Dear Cousin Larry,
It was a joy to see you at dinner the other night. Halfway across the restaurant. Though we did not dine together, it was fun for me to try to figure out why you looked so familiar and yet couldn’t place you. That distant, blank look on your face was a bit disconcerting, especially after I realized who you were and that I hadn’t seen you in long time. I began wondering if maybe you were contemplating something. Something…awful. There was just enough of a psychotic twinkle in that wide-eyed stare into nothing that led me to this conclusion, but then your date for the evening showed and that look disappeared. Turns out you were just bored. I hope your edamame was as good as mine, and thanks for the mind games!
Sincerely,
Hapabukbuk

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home