Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, May 04, 2007

What was I thinking? Vol. 13

I'm hungry.

I've always been proud of my hapabukbukness. It wasn't until I heard Cher's "Half Breed" that I knew how to express it through song. Thus begins a story with an ending you can probably predict. Sort of.

When I was young and carefree (read: unemployed) I traveled out west to hollywood to pursue my movie star dreams (read: hopefully come upon a movie being shot and somehow appear in the background of the final cut). I decided to attend a taping of a TV show (read: hopefully be recognized for my innate acting ability and be asked to step in when the lead "turned her ankle") because I thought it would be fun. It began at 11am and I had eaten a banana for breakfast.

About 3 hours into it, I became hungry.

About 6 hours into it, I became ravenous.

By 8 hours?

The warm up guy, knowing his audience was starving and cranky, promised it would only be a little longer and offered a trade. Chocolate for a song. It was an obvious win win situation. My hand shot up and I regaled the entire crowd (actors included so I like to pretend) with my rendition of "Gypsy's Tramps and Thieves". (I couldn't remember all the words to Half Breed in my weakened state. Gimme a break.) I don't even like chocolate that much.



However, if I ever get to sing about being a Hapa while donned in a headdress and idly sitting atop a horse, I will die a happy girl.

Funny thing is, I'm not kidding.

7 Comments:

  • You don't ordinarily wear a headdress?

    By Blogger Moderator, At 5:54 PM  

  • OH MY GOD! We were discussing this song just this weekend! I love you!

    By Blogger lulu, At 11:34 PM  

  • grant- i do, just not atop a horse.
    lulu- how cher can bring cool people together! ;)

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 8:07 PM  

  • If memory serves, you were gainfully employed RIGHT before that trip to LALA land...weren't you? - bosslady aka snix

    PS: where's the video of you singin in the pink wig for your 'rents anniversary party???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:55 PM  

  • Anything for chocolate. Tramp.

    By Blogger Dale, At 4:20 PM  

  • Another heartwarming tale from Hollywood.

    By Blogger Coaster Punchman, At 5:10 PM  

  • snix- months before. the pink wig cher impression is only on vhs, alas.
    dale- imagine what i would have done for cookies?
    cp- heartwarming tale yes, though i was wearing pants. seems you can't be wearing them for it to be a true hollywood story nowadays.

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home