Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Mother's Treasures Pt 1

These are the ones I want:


The brass ducks are gone. Or so she thinks. There's a slight possibility they might be packed away somewhere still. They are actually in an episode of Freaks and Geeks. There's a scene where Lindsay walks by a table in the den where I could swear the mama and baby brass ducks I so long for are placed...Perhaps I could get them from the props department. IF all are gone, these wooden ones will have to do.


This metal cat sat on the ledge in front of the fireplace for as long as I can remember being alive. After they moved down to Florida it found its home here among the borrowed books shelf. When I finally have a fireplace this cat will be near it. It's like my familiar. Or something.


My mother made me take a picture of this. She told me it was painted by my grandmother in 1972. How could I resist that?


This is the Caribou my brother and I will not fight over because I'm extremely generous and will let him have it. It's pretty cool though, no? Sans Christmas cat of course.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home