Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Monday, August 21, 2006

A History Of Hapabukbuk Piercings

My mother pierced my ears when I was three. Or rather, she had someone at the piercing pagoda pierce my ears when I was three. She tells me there was a lot of screaming and I almost went home with only one side done. Two years later I changed my earrings for the first time.

When I was fourteen she finally gave in to my begging and let me get a second piercing in my left ear. Assuming we went back to the piercing pagoda, she also allowed a nincompoop to do the job. Whoever it was, they clearly had no foresight to think I may have wanted a third piercing and put the second hole a thick thumb's width away from the first. A-hole.

During my first semester of college I got the top of my left ear pierced, this time it was Claire's I believe. It was all cool and fun but it was damn painful after the fact. Actually, sometimes it still is when the hoop gets stuck in the wrong position.

Then approached my twenty eighth birthday and the sudden desire for another piercing surfaced. Ok that's a lie. I'd been
thinking about getting another one in my right ear for a while but was too lazy, busy, etc. to get it done. So a few days before
my actual birthday, I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and did it myself. It was splendid.

By and by the gigantic space between the two holes in my left ear began to annoy me again and I decided I was finally going to do something about it. So a few weeks ago I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and did it myself. Again. A-hole. I should have measured it. It was clearly done by another nincompoop as it is closer to the second hole than the first.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home