Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Friday, January 25, 2008

Speaking Of The Key To Life...

...when breaking the lock repeatedly still doesn't get you what you want...

~break the whole damn door~

These are actual pictures of my front door. I wish I was kidding. I'm going to miss this place when I move, you know? The one disaster after another kinda living has its charms. Talk about timing. When I got home I was actually happy to see the door was fixed again and I had to dig out my key to open it.


(*did you notice the hole above the door knob where the old lock used to be? Ah, the good old days.)

Apparently someone was really mad they had to use a key. The facts are these:

1- 8ish A group of guys stood in the little area with the mailboxes, buzzing someone in the building and swearing loudly about not having the freedom to enter and exit the building as they pleased, despite not living here.
2- Someone comes down and lets them in.
3- 9ish The door being kicked in and a great shattering of glass sounds. (That glass is inches thick. No slamming of the door, which they were also doing as they entered and left the building, could have broken it.)
4- Another group of people immediately arrive after this and stare at the glass which is everywhere.
5- Someone from that group claims to have seen someone quickly leaving the premises.

By the time I opened my door, 6 people were in the hallway trying to figure out what happened. We have our suspicions, but of course can prove nothing. All I will say is apparently the brute has friends who are also Neanderthals.

But hey, at least this time the door knob held its own.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home