Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Monday, April 24, 2006

Easier Said Than Texted



I finally took the leap and purchased a new cell phone as well as a new service to boot. Not that there are that many differences in how each company screws you out of money, but at least now I’m actually able to talk on my cell in my bedroom while emptying my pockets into their bank account.

I used to call the area by the right front window in the living room my phone booth because it’s the only place I got service. (See it could be worse for proof.) I still find myself wandering over to it when on the phone. Old habits die hard, no?

But no more!

Aside from all the outrageous fees I now have to pay in order to terminate one service and begin another, I need to figure out how to use my brand spanking new cell. You may be thinking, bukbuk, how do you not know how to use a phone? Well my dear, the phone part I’ve got down. It’s all the other various functions I really don’t need but will end up using because all my friends do and I just can’t stand to be left out of the techno circle.

Indeed.

And so I document here my first text message exchange (with wonderturtle!) using my new phone.

Wonderturtle: R u watching alias?

Hapabukbuk: so prISSdeede Moonmoonmoonmoonmoonon

I tried and tried but could not get the auto text setting to change, and so my intended message of “so pissed, missed the first hour” came out as nonsense. Too frustrated to change it, I hit send and hoped wonderturtle would figure it out.

Wonderturtle: WTF? I just wanted 2 know if now is a bad time 2 call. Weirdo.

Alas, she cannot read hapabukbuk and I had to call her.

I still have not cracked open the manual to figure it out.
It’s the principle you know? If I want the stupid thing to choose my words for me, I'll use one of the handy dandy templates they've provided.

Why they gotta waste my flava? DAMN!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home