Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's Official. Crumbs Still Edible For Addict.

Ok, for real? I think I have a problem. Admitting it is the first step, no?

I bought two bags of Chips Ahoy at Target the other day (Nabisco or Targetcorp, I'd love some sort of swag for the mention...a lifetime of cookies? I would not be opposed) because they were 2/$5.00, a deal I physically cannot pass up. Being the cookie connoisseur I am, I felt along the top of each row to make sure none of the cookies were broken. It was as if a truck had backed up over them and then drove forward again! The Horror!! I actually went through four bags before I resigned myself to taking home damaged goods.

Because I am just that much of a cookie whore.

I sat down to eat them for dessert after dinner, thinking eh, it won’t be so bad. Only a few feel broken, I can live with that. I opened the package and a majority of my goodies were in tact. Much to my chagrin however, when I touched one to pick it up it just about disintegrated. Heartbroken, I scooped up the crumbs and tried to dip them in milk.

I actually tried to dip them in milk.

Savoring what I could, I moved on to cookie number two, only to experience the same heartbreak. I realized I couldn’t go on shoving my whole hand in a glass of milk because A) it's disgusting and B) my hand didn’t really fit anyway so the cookies and milk weren’t mixing, the sole purpose of consuming the two together.

Then like a flash of lightening it hit me! Why not use a utensil to navigate the crumbs through the milky storm? And thus, dipping cookie crumbs into milk using a spoon while hunched over the glass in the corner was added to my long list of character quirks.

I am addicted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home