Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What Was I Thinking? Vol. 2

Dammit.

I am not a spendthrift. No great revelation there. However, lately I find that I have been purchasing things for which I cannot blame impulse consumerism for my buyer’s remorse. In fact, it only adds insult to injury to know I bought these products with the actual forethought of wearing, using or enjoying them.

Skechers Shoes – saw this really cute pair online and decided to buy them. I needed new ones for work anyway. When they arrived and I tried them on I realized they looked like clown shoes and made the effort to return them in exchange for a different pair. When those finally arrived a month later and I tried them on, I decided they also looked like clown shoes. They are now gathering dust on the floor by my closet.

Verizon Ear-Piece – when I bought my new phone, I thought I’d throw the hands free ear-piece in to boot because it’s so much nicer to not have to hold the phone when you speak into it. And yes, I’m fully aware of how lazy that makes me sound. However, the one and only time I used it, I was told I sounded like I was standing in tin can. It is now stuffed under a stack of papers on my desk.

Dove Face Wash Cloths – when I got to the store, I couldn’t remember which brand I had previously bought and none of the packaging or shapes of other brands looked familiar. I thought I’d try something new. Bad decision. I hate this product. With a vengeance. Is it wet? Is it dry? Do I scrub and wash it off? If I have to read directions to wash my face, forget it. I think I threw it in the back of the closet out of disgust.

Random White Shirt – I’m always in need of white shirts. The first sight of sweat stains iggs me out. This shirt (made of cotton) looked ok in the store dressing room, but when I tried it on this morning it almost looked like I was wearing mesh. Mesh. Let’s get a game of kickball together shall we? Currently laying crumpled on my bed.

DVDs – This could almost be considered an impulse buy if not for the fact that I debated for twenty minutes about which ones to bring home. Yes, they were 2 for $1.00 (that’s two for a dollar) which is why I couldn’t pass by without looking, and yes that means there were titles no one has ever heard of, but I sifted through until I found four I thought I’d enjoy. A Steve Mcqueen movie, a Bruce Lee movie, a Doris Day movie, and a Jody Foster movie, which is the only one I’ve watched. It took place in New Zealand during the Victorian Era and I thought it’d be good ‘cuz the description said something about her marrying a man with a strange sexual practice. Ooooo I thought. Victorian repression. Fun! Wrong. Turns out he was a peeping tom. Disappointed! Even for .50 I hoped for more. The rest are probably under the ear-piece which is under a stack of papers on my desk.

Maybe I should have gone gambling. At least there would have been a chance at coming out ahead.

2 Comments:

  • I understand your frustration, but I think you will be OK. The list could include things like lawn ornaments, microwave/toaster combos, mail order brides...

    By Blogger wonderturtle, At 11:36 PM  

  • Gambling usually is the answer to many life problems.

    By Blogger Moderator, At 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home