Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Thursday, June 08, 2006


I love Chinese Astrology. Perhaps borderline obsessed, but it goes in phases. Lately, it’s only been an occasional check up after wasting work time on the regular sites. Suddenly it’ll hit me that I haven’t checked the stars in a while and I’ll then proceed to check every site that comes up when I type in “Chinese Astrology” in Google’s search.

I like to read and reread how I am diplomatic and popular, and gifted with deep intuitions nonchalantly breezing over the descriptions of passionately jealous and unforgiving because neither of those things really applies to me.

2006 is the year of the dog and apparently it is a “good year” for snakes. I will take that for every thing it’s worth.

Western astrology on the other hand is like a daily Chinese Fortune Cookie Fortune for me- General enough to work for just about anybody, but still specific enough to keep hope alive that it really might pertain to me:

Fun`s fun, but even you know when the party`s over. After a long and lovely swoop through orbit, you`re finally ready to come back down to Earth. Are you famous yet? Do people speak your name with a smile or a scowl? Curious as you may be, it`s not going to affect you yet. You`re still in a jovial, expansive mood, but now it`s tempered with a sense of purpose -- you probably even have a plan. With these qualifications, you could be launching one of your best phases ever. Now that, if anything, should make you famous.

AM I FAMOUS YET?

And then there is the Chinese/Western combo:

As a Sagittarius born under the sign of the Rat, the Snake or the Monkey, you are endowed with great perspicacity...The Sagittarius/Snake is often lost in his reflections.

After I looked up perspicacity, I realized no one will care about astrology that pertains only to me but me.

But so be it. It’s a really slow day at work today.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home