Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Froo-its Of The Dev-ill

So today being what it is, everyone is going to have some kind of story about evil. Me, being one of everyone, will now share hers.

Aside from the fact that today my job consists of working with footage from a movie with Massacre in the title, I just experienced the absolute creepiest elevator trip ever. During it, I shared airspace with Damien’s mother.

I’m so not joking.

The bathroom is one floor down and I usually take the stairs. Today however, the stairs were blocked with tape, alerting me to the painting occurring in the stairwell. Forced to take the elevator one floor, I felt guilty when on the way back up someone was in the elevator.

She stood dressed in brown, hunched at the shoulders and rail-thin everywhere but her protruding pregnant belly. Brown, straw-like hair almost completely hid her face, though enough of it showed to betray a mouth that had obviously never been used to smile. Distracted by this to the point of forgetting where I was, I got in the elevator and started rambling, frantically searching the elevator buttons for the one I needed to press.

“I’m sorry, I only have to go one floor. The stairs are being painted and I had to use the bathroom…”

12. Button 12. She turned her head ever so slowly and stared at me with empty eyes for a full thirty seconds before speaking.

“There’s only one bathroom in the building?”

I thought if I didn’t have the right answer she might pull out a scythe and slit my throat with a gentle but quick swing upward.

“Uh, um, no. I don' t know. There just isn’t one on my floor, there may be another one. I don' t know. I have to use the one on this floor…”

The door opened and I propelled myself into the hallway, terrified and shaking, but alive. Evil takes many forms. I’m just saying, beware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home