Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sibling Rivalry

One evening after my gymnastics class I ran up to my room like always to do whatever it was I used to do at night when
I was ten. This particular evening, however, my big brother casually lounged in the hallway outside our bedrooms and
chatted on the gigantic 1987 cordless phone. I thought it suspicious, but went on with my business.

“Awwww! It didn’t work!” I suddenly heard him yell into the phone. He appeared at my door with what is probably the
biggest sh*t-eating grin I’ve seen to this day. (What an awful expression.)

“What didn’t work?” I asked in all my baby sister naïvete.

He pointed up. I immediately began screaming.

Artfully placed atop the door was a snake, its rubber composition unbeknownst to me. His dastardly plan did work, complete with tears and tattling, it just needed a little help.

I bet you he’s even chuckling now at the memory. Oh big brother, just you wait. You may have forgotten all the things your young hapabukbuk self pulled, but I have not.

1 Comments:

  • "gigantic 1987 cordless phone"
    was my favorite part
    HAHAHAhaHAHA!

    By Blogger Jen, At 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home