Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Thursday, July 06, 2006

WTHIWWY – City Life, Verse I

A favorite reading from the book of What The Hell Is Wrong With You?:

A few years ago on my way home just as rush hour thinned out, I heard a man shout, “Oh that’s real discreet!” I looked around to find the source and discovered he was staring at me. It was odd but I brushed it off as a crazy New Yorker letting off steam.

The light turned red as I crossed the street so I began to trot to get to the other side. Out of nowhere he runs up behind me and shoves me. Hard.

“Are you even serious?" I said like he may have possibly been joking. “What the f**k?!” I said louder before I could curb the profanity.

He rushed forward and without looking back he yelled, “Ya not a nice lady and ya nevah will be!”

As IF.

“What are you talking about?” I yelled again, having regained my poise and fear that he might turn around, run back and stick a knife in me. Even a short, skinny, Long Island businessman with thinning hair is something to be wary of in the city at night.

He finally glanced back as he turned the next corner and saw the expression on my face.

“Ya think ya so impo-wah’int,” he yelled waving his hands dismissively.

Thanks for pointing that out angry, psycho guy. Maybe next you can tell me what I think of you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I was going to say, you do kind of think ya impo-wah'int.

    By Blogger Moderator, At 8:17 PM  

  • it's true mr. miller! it's true. but in the larger scheme of things, importan'cey is relative yes? and i believe it's pretty obvious the weight of his self-importance is way heavier than mine. I mean really, who did he think he was dealing with anyway?

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 9:54 PM  

  • but you aren't a nice lady. as to the question of whether you ever will be... i leave that to the next irrationally angry commuter you have the audacity to stand near.

    By Blogger wonderturtle, At 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home