Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Monday, October 16, 2006

#14- Yes, I Hit Danny. And I'd Do It Again.

After my 3rd grade boyfriend Larry moved away, Danny entered the scene. All through 4th grade everyone knew that Danny liked me and I liked Danny, but he was not my boyfriend. Not like Larry was.

Then 5th grade rolled around and it was clear that over the summer Danny had taken lessons in how to be a little bastard. He teased me relentlessly every chance he got and I was just floored at how he had changed. On the last day of 4th grade he brought me into the hallway to give me a hug and on the first day of fifth grade he called me chicken legs (which is ha'larious considering he was skinnier than I was.)

Anyway, despite all the teasing I resolved never to let him know that I still liked him. That is until he finally broke me one day during 6th grade Spanish class.

Danny: go out with me. (as in, we're too young to actually go anywhere, so let everyone label you as my girlfriend instead)
Hapa: no.
Danny: why not?
Hapa: because i know it's a joke.
Danny: it's not a joke. go out with me.
Hapa: no.
Danny: why not? i promise it's not a joke.
Hapa: no.

This continued on for a few minutes before my desire to believe him outweighed my knowing better.

Hapa: ok.
Danny: (somewhat surprised) what?
Hapa: yes.
Joey: HAHAHAHAHAAAA!! he was just kidding! it was a joke!
Hapa: (in a loud voice to joey) asshole.
Joey: what did you say?
Hapa: you're an asshole!
Craig: mrs. r! mrs. r! did you hear that? hapa said a bad word!

Mrs. R had obviously witnessed the whole scene as it played out directly in front of her, but it was only because of Craig that she had to call me on my choice of words. I admitted to my profanity with just enough pride left to hold back the tears. She looked me in the eyes and said,

Mrs. R: ok just don't do it again.

After class I found Danny standing by his locker. I slapped him. He totally deserved it.

Though I know in his heart of little boy hearts he totally still liked me and did want to go out.

I should have kicked Joey's ass though. What a jerk.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home