Musings of a Hapabukbuk

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Dirty Bulb Brightens

Date: 1988
Place: Auntie N's house
Scene: 10 year old HB dances around with younger friends singing the latest song on the radio

Lil' HB: "I went to a party last Saturday night, I didn't get late, I got in a fight-"
Auntie N: WHAT?!
HB: What?
Auntie N: What did you just say?
HB: What? I went to a party, I didn't get late.
Auntie N: late?
HB: Yeah, late. Like she wasn't late for no reason, she was late because she got in a fight.
Auntie N: (grins widely) Oh ok.

cut to a few years later:

Scene: Older, but still lil' HB listens to a mix she made a few years ago.
Lita Ford: "I went to a party last Saturday night, I didn't get laid, I got in a fight-"
HB: ooOOHHhhh.

4 Comments:

  • you know you can't amit that....

    OL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:18 PM  

  • listen leROY, never was there a more innocent child than baby hapabukbuk. i honestly thought the word was late, it's the only way it made sense to me. ...sigh...oh the days of ignorant bliss...

    By Blogger hapabukbuk, At 7:18 PM  

  • My girlfriend LOVES that song and will rock out to it anywhere, anytime.

    By Blogger Some Guy, At 8:50 AM  

  • This reminds me of an episode of the Cosby show. Maybe Rudy wouldn't have been so rude to you if she knew how much you had in common.

    By Blogger wonderturtle, At 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home